A passion for design and flare…
Owner, Laura Tarbat, opened Poppies in 2002 on a tattered stretch of Queen Street West—but she chose the area deliberately. Recently dubbed “West Queen West”, it has evolved to become one of the hottest art and design districts in Toronto. Suffice to say that Laura has a knack for sensing future trends and is always on the cutting edge of design and style.
Laura has been florist to the stars for many years, having designed for such notable stars as Barbara Streisand, Elton John, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Lauren Bacall, Queen Latifah, Sophia Loren, Denzel Washington, and Mike Myers. This, combined with over 15 years experience in Toronto’s floral industry, has allowed Laura to develop a style that impresses the most elite.
Poppies’ services include…
- Fresh hand-tied bouquets and tasteful vase arrangements for all occasions
- Unique houseplants of all sizes, and sustainable planted arrangements
- Weddings and events
- Corporate accounts
- Weekly arrangements for restaurants, offices, reception areas, hotels and night clubs
- Décor for property management firms and condo/loft development showrooms
- Film and TV sets
- Urns and outdoor plantings
- Home and holiday décor
Orders and delivery...
We accept cash, debit, Visa and Mastercard.
Orders for same-day deliveries within Toronto are always welcome. Orders placed one day ahead can also be delivered from Hamilton to Oshawa and north to Newmarket. Please call us at 416.538.2497 to place your order.